The WMHTC is a business-led membership organisation, established in 2020 to grow and maximise the potential of the health technologies sector in the region. The aims of the WMHTC are to:
- Grow the business base by nurturing new companies, developing existing businesses by creating an environment conducive to growth and attracting inward investment;
- Establish the region as a location of choice to pursue a career and to build a business in health technologies;
- Provide a consistent, coordinated ‘voice’ and profile for the West Midlands health technologies sciences community;
- Reduce duplication and address fragmentation in the region’s support services;
- Forge long-term, strategic collaborations between the business and knowledge bases that will yield both economic and societal benefits.
WMHTC is a Company limited by Guarantee (not for profit) and its operations will be overseen by a Board drawn from the region’s business community. There will be three types of involvement:
- Members – businesses and organisations will pay an annual fee in return for the services to be provided by the Cluster;
- Strategic Partners – organisations who will work in partnership with the Cluster to define and deliver services to the members in return for an annual subscription and in-kind.
- Sponsors – organisations that support the work of the Cluster by providing financial support for particular activities e.g. events, publications, awards etc.
The Cluster is willing to discuss bespoke arrangements with sponsors. We would be happy to talk to you about this opportunity if desired.